Route 2: Benidorm - The Cross
- Length of route: 5 km (round trip)
- Duration: 3h
- Maximum height: 237m
- Accessibility: suitable for hiking, running and cycling.
- Difficulty: Moderate-high.
This route is marked with white and yellow signs from the Rincón de Loix Tourist Information Point, located at the intersection of Gerona Street and Derramador Avenue. From this point we will go towards the Sierra along C/Gerona, and then turn to the beach along Av. de L'Ametlla de Mar. From this Av. we have two options...
- Starting from the Tourist Info Centre in the Rincón de Loix (Avenida Derramador, s/n confluencia C/ Gerona) in its extension of the Av. Mediterráneo, (ATTENTION, as its first stretch is forbidden for cars) we would arrive at a big crossroads that on the right will lead us to the Sierra Dorada Apartments.
- The second option is to start the route along Calle Hamburgo and turn off at the first intersection on the left to Castell de Mar, where we connect with the previous one. From this point the climb will delight us with beautiful views of the entire coastline, coves and the island of Benidorm. We can continue to the right to a viewpoint, from where we will have an excellent panoramic view of the cliffs, or we can continue climbing to the left, where the end of the road will lead us to a small path that will take us to the Cross.
A traditionally romantic spot from where you can enjoy one of the best views of Benidorm.