Woof! Clues to enjoy Benidorm with the whole family!
You can download the brochure HERE
Benidorm enjoys one of the largest range of activities and services of Spain. Visitors with dogs included- Discover on these pages our WOOF CLUES! that you must follow so your dog enjoys as a family member of your holidays in Benidorm. Because it also deserves some relaxing days with you, right? Pack up and… May your dog be with you!
WHY BENIDORM IS A GOOD DESTINATION TO VISIT WITH A DOG
Enjoying the views form Paseo de Punta Cavall
3 WALKS, 3 UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
Walking while sniffing and moving their hips proud… Our doggys favourite activities! Here we highlight 3 walks that our furry friends will love:
Time 8km/ 2 hours.Must visit: Plaza del Castillo Viewpoint, between Poniente and Levante Beach
Perfect for: a long evening walk before or after dinner in a terrace with views to the sea
Careful if your dog gets anxious around people since is a very vibrant area all year long. (See itinerary on the map)
Connect with your dog… and the sea.
Perfect for: starting off the day with energy, since it’s when the park is less crowded. Avoid days and hours of intense heat since there are not many areas with shade. There are no water fountains so bring water!
2,5km/45 minutes: from the end of Poniente Beach. Ups and Downs. Asphalted soil. Between Cala Ti Ximo and Cala Almadrava you will find a small parking where you can leave the car if you want to, from that point de route takes 35 minutes to go and 35 minutes to return. (See itinerary on the map)
Time 25-30 minutes. Compulsory stop: Tossal de la Cala viewpoint (in front the chapel) Perfect for: learning about Benidorm's Roman origins. (See itinerary on map)
Other interesting places to enjoy a walk with a dog are:
- Ciudad Real Avenue (Social Center)
- Cl. Italy
- Foietes Park
- Benissa Avenue (Tourist Development Centre)
- Sequia mare Park.
Adolfo Suarez Canine Park: fenced dog park where different structures have been installed. Dogs can walk and run around freely. (Soon the brochure will be available)
Nearby dog beaches
The Environmental Ordinance prohibits the entry and stay on beaches all year round. But in the surroundings you will find several official dog beaches, which you can access by car or taxi.
Transport. Getting to Benidorm with a dog
- Plane: there many airlines that operate in Alicante’s Airport that allow up to 8kg dogs and bigger dogs in the aircraft hold. Check each airline’s conditions before making any reservation.
- Bus: Alsa: 1 pet per service. At bus hold Max 10 kgs. Interbus: At bus hold, closed kennel max 75cm long 100cm height.
-Train: Renfe: Alicante Station// Long and Medium Distance. Max 10 kgs. Kennel Max 60*35*35. Renfe Suburban Train (Murcia-Alicante Line): in a kennel or with a muzzle, without limit of race or size, with a leash no longer than 1,5m.
-Tram: (Metropolitano de Alicante) You are not allowed to carry animals on your trip, except if: service dogs for people with disabilities o training instructors. Dogs that accompany security forces. Little domestic animals in cages or kennels.
Finally, how about staying in the great Pet-Friendly accommodations with our furry friends.
Move arround Benidorm
The ordinance prohibits the movement of animals in public transport. You can travel with your dog in a taxi, but you must advise that you are in good company and that your dog is heavy. so they can send the right taxi for you.
Radio Taxi Benidorm: 965 862 626 // 670 965 822
Useful Information, Veterinary Centres in Benidorm
- La Clínica de Marina, Centro Veterinario 966 80 02 29
- Clinica Veterinaria CostaBlanca 965 85 59 49
- Veterinaria Avda. del Mediterráneo 965 86 80 09
- Clínica Veterinaria Casagrande 965 86 09 43
- Clínica Veterinaria El Rincón 965 86 63 95
- Clinica Veterinaria La Cala 965 85 00 58
- Centro Veterinario Paraiso 965 85 66 50
Protective instructions for dogs:
· Up-to-date vaccinations and deworming. High prevalence of heartworm (filaria)
· Rabies vaccination is mandatory in Alicante.
· Recommended: protection through pipettes/necks from phlebotomine, the cause of Leishmania. In cases of long stays it may be interesting to evaluate the vaccination against Leishmania.
· Always travel with your passport up to date and make an appointment with your vet well in advance to explain your destination. He will help you to protect your dog as best as possible and keep your documents up to date.